Friday, October 9, 2009

Last e-mail from Nauvoo

I expect this letter to be a short one. There is too much to do and too little time. But what an amazing opportunity we had this weekend to hear a Prophet of God and the Apostles! I can't believe I forgot to tell everyone about it in my last letter! If anyone would like to listen to all the amazing things declared and directed for our benefit visit LDS.org and find the links that lead to "General Conference". Sometimes, as missionaries, you only take life one day at a time. I didn't realize conference was here until it was here and even then we were serving in between the moments we were able to watch. I am so excited to get the conference edition of the Ensign! What a wonderful day to live in...when the words of a prophet are delivered to you door step once a month. Susan Easton Black was here this weekend in Nauvoo as well. It was such a treat to be able to spend time with her and to ask her questions and the hear her testimony of the early saints and of the divinity of Joseph Smith and his calling. I know that Joseph Smith was and is a Prophet of God. The the fullness of the gospel has been restored and that we can chose eternal life and happiness by the merits of Jesus Christ and His atonement or to choose eternal misery and death according to the power and captivity of the devil. Elder Jeffery R Holland bore testimony that the Savior warned "that in the last days, mens' hearts shall fail them". And surely it will happen, but it is our choice, Brothers and Sisters, if we are contributors to the fulfillment of that prophecy. Will our hearts fail? Or have we built our foundation upon that foundation that if men build they cannot fall?
I would also like to express my love and gratitude to all you have been such a strength and support while I have been out here. Your letters are appreciated and you prayers are felt. When ever I cannot stand on my own I can feel angels round about me to bear me up. I know that I have not earned those angels by my own merit. Thank you for your love, prayers, support and concern. I love you so much and I think of you all often.

Sister Bailey

Alma 5

Washington Spokane Mission
820 S. Pines Rd Ste 101
Spokane Valley, WA 99206-5420

No comments:

Post a Comment