Saturday, December 19, 2009

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY!

December 7, 2009
My family spoils me on my mission. They have written me EVERY week. Have not missed one. And on top of that they send me packages, more than one letter a week and give me more support than I ever dreamed of having. I am VERY blessed with a family that has given me all support that I need if not more, temporally, spiritually and emotionally. I know that not every missionary has that. I try not to take it for granted. Thank you so much.
Liberty Lake has gone from a bit chilly to down right cold and the locals say that this is the best of it. The work is moving forward. Sunday morning started off with one of the most heart-warming scenes of my mission. Sister
Bruner and I looked down the hall to see Eric Sande vacuuming up a mess that wasn’t his. He is 17.  Eric is going to be baptized this Friday!!! We are all excited, Sister Bruner and I, Eric, and the ward members. This past Sunday they announced it over the pulpit: Friday, December 11 at 7:00 pm. I don’t know what that translates into Eastern Standard Time, but that is what I’ll be doing. They asked Eric and Makade to bear their testimonies at the end of sacrament. It was amazing. The spirit was so strong and I loved it. I was sitting in my little bench with the biggest smile on my face. We had a teaching appointment with an investigator right after church in a member’s home. She had been in sacrament meeting and when asked about all the testimonies Eric and Makade were the ones she brought up. She loved them! We taught Eric later that night and he mentioned that through the whole meeting he felt like they were going to call him up.  Makade said that he felt like he needed to get up and bear his testimony, but that he should hold off. The spirit was so involved in the bearing of that testimony. Divinely inspired. Our week is chuck full of teaching appointments. It’s going to be awesome. We have a lot of investigators who said tentatively that they would come to Eric's baptism. We’re hoping for a big turn out.

Alma 36:17-21  ----The importance of bearing our testimonies!
Sister Bailey


No comments:

Post a Comment