Thursday, May 27, 2010

Though the world may hate me, The truth of His word sets me free.

May 25


I had the most incredible day yesterday. I felt so close to the Savior. I felt Him walking beside me with every step I took. I was able to talk to my mission president about something that has been troubling me. The spirit was so strong throughout our visit and as I left his office. I felt as though a huge burden had been lifted from my mind. I had a peace with me the entire day. Sister Cordoba and I had the opportunity to serve extra hours in the Visitor's Center because of some scheduling errors. Last night we had sociable practice and the spirit was so strong. We sang “I know That My Redeemer Lives” as sisters. Everyone has parts. Not very many of us could make it all the way through the song. (It will be interesting to see what happens at sociable). Most of us had tears flowing down our cheeks and the spirit was thick. We were all so united as sisters. Each Sister’s testimony of Christ was filling the room. It was so wonderful, so perfect. My day could not have ended on a better note. (no pun intended). Nauvoo has taught me so much about Sisterhood, built me so much. My heart is lifted to know that when “Sisters in Zion” is sung, I will now and forever feel that I have a part in it; that I can lay claim on the glorious blessing of Sisterhood, something that I did not feel like I had any part in before my mission. I have learned and gained so much from all of this. Part of me feels very much the same, but I feel very much improved upon as well.

There is another song in Sociable that Sister Davis sings. I don’t know what’s it’s called, but it’s about a person gaining a testimony of the restoration, and of the gospel and then serving a mission. I love it. I love listening to it. The line that is repeated the most refers first to Joseph Smith and then to the missionary. It says, “He knows that I know, I can not deny it, I will live my life by it, though the world may hate me the truth of His word sets me free”. I have thought a lot about that line. I am sure most every missionary feels the same. Sister Davis sings it so powerfully. When I listen to it I am reminded how bound my life is to this work. I have a testimony of this gospel and I can not deny it. I will not, so long as I live (which will be forever if I reach what I’m aiming for). I love the gospel. I know that my redeemer lives and loves me too. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that the Priesthood has been restored to the earth. That families are and, have always meant to be, forever. I know that Jesus Christ’s atonement breaks every mold and opens every door to salvation and exaltation. This is it. If I were asked to, I would die for Him, but I am asked to live instead. And I will live for Him! I will go where He directs and I will do as He instructs. I love Him.

In our companionship study today we talked a lot about the Book of Mormon. I had stopped reading it for a while hoping to have some fantastic study idea for it to come into my head, but nothing came, so I just started over. There has been a stark difference in my study and in my day. There is such a powerful spirit that comes with the Book of Mormon! Even if it’s just a verse a day. I love it. I am excited to go to the temple this next coming Thursday because I have a really cool study to do! I have found a part in the scriptures that has never stuck out to me before (in J.S. testimony) that has just taken hold of me. I love the Scriptures!!!!

Thank you for all of you support and prayers. They are felt on a day to day basis. Thank you for your letters. I promise I will get back to them. God willing, I will get back to them. I love you all!


From Nauvoo,

Sister Bailey




No comments:

Post a Comment