Monday, November 23, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

The work in Liberty Lake is picking up and we have been able to meet and contact people that we've been trying to get a hold of for a long time. Miracles are all over. The Lord blesses us everyday. I love it. I am so grateful for this gospel and so grateful for this work. I love it.
We have been teaching two of our investigators together, Sam and Nathan. It has been interesting because they both have different needs and are both progressing differently. They are meeting with us and their friend Brandon who will be leaving for the MTC ( Missionary Training Center) in December. He helped us plan and teach the lesson. It was so cool. The spirit was so strong. He’s going to be an amazing missionary. We asked Sam to read Moroni Chapter 10. In order to gain a better understanding of it he decided to read the whole book of Moroni! Nathan and Sam are both really sharp young men. It has been so good to talk with them and to teach them and to learn from them.
I feel incredibly blessed to be able to associate with and meet all the people that I do. Here in Spokane and back in Nauvoo. (no Dr. Seuss rhymes intended) I have learned so much. Grown so much. And (hopefully) changed a lot too. For the better.
Eric prayed about the date he wanted to be baptized and has rescheduled for December 11th! He has chosen his friend Makade to baptize him. Makade is 16. What an experience! What a building block for his testimony! We are so excited for him(Eric)! He is wonderful! He, without us even asking, asked for his parents’ permission. They said yes. And when his mother started asking questions he pulled out the book of Mormon and started to read to her. And she listened. Not that it matters, but he will be getting baptized that day after my birthday! That is going to be the best birthday ever! I am going to be so excited and so anxious.
We had interviews this past Wednesday and I can hardly believe that at the end of this week I will have been here for a transfer and a half already. I’m hoping to stay here in Liberty Lake. Sister Bruner and I are planning on it. We love it here.
People love missionaries. They also like to buy missionaries stuff. Last preparation day we saw a member in the store who refused to let us pay for our own groceries. Another member took us out and paid for us to get our hair done. They all give us food. Fruits, veggies, and pasta. Most of it is all homemade. Even people who don’t want to listen to anything we say love us. They consent to listen to us if we will at least come out of the cold and have some of their hot chocolate. Not everyone is so kind, but more often than not we get a smile and some fresh pears, a cup of hot chocolate and anything else that think we can carry home. I don’t want to sound pompous or blow my own smoke, but sometimes I wonder if it is because, even though they do not want to here what we have to say, they like the feeling they get. As missionaries we are set apart as representatives of Jesus Christ. I think people can feel that. And even if they don’t want to listen, they love that Lord and when they feel that love as they open their door, they want to serve, they want to give, and they end up doing things they would not normally go about doing... like giving things away to complete strangers. It usually happens right as we’re deciding it’s too cold to stay out, or the afternoon when we run out of fresh fruit. Miracles are all over. The Lord blesses us everyday. I love it. I am so grateful for this gospel and so grateful for this work. I love it.

Sister Bailey READ: Moroni 7

No comments:

Post a Comment