Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Roughly a month in Washington, Spokane

I can't decide if the time is moving quicker or slower here in Washington. I could go both ways. And really I don't know which I would prefer. It could go both ways.
The work in Liberty Lake reminds me very much of a boat ride on a windy day. There are ups and there are downs and it has a tendency to make you sea sick.
Here in Liberty Lake there is not much gray to speak of, only blacks and whites. People either love the missionaries, or wish it were legal to run them off the road. The missionaries love both. :)
We have been teaching a lot of first lessons, some seconds, and no thirds. We have started teaching two people and then they both asked us not to come back and now we are teaching two NEW people. :)..... and then there is Sister Fenton. She is wonderful. We've met with her twice now and she is a remarkable person. Then Fentons are one of the cutest families you will ever meet. She and her husband haven't gone to church in quite a while and she has wondered now, as her family grows and matures, if the Gospel is something she wants for them. And that has been the nature of our visits. She balances mom/wife role plus being a student and then squeezes us in at least once a week. She has even fed us! I love that family.
Most recently in my studies I read the introduction to the Book of Mormon. I love that document. I memorized my favorite part. "We invite all men everywhere to read the Book of Mormon, To ponder in their hearts the message it contains and then to ask God the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ if the book is true. Those who pursue this course and ask in faith will gain a testimony of it's truth and divinity by the power of the Holy Ghost."
That is a promise. I know it to be true. And as I read it today I realized that the Book of Mormon not only ends with a promise, but begins with one also. The Lord wants us to have the strength that the Book of Mormon provides in our lives. The only way to have it is to ask. I would like to add my testimony to the many, that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that it is true. I invite all men (and women) everywhere to read it, to ponder in their hearts the message it contains, and to ask God the eternal Father in the name of Christ if the book is true.

You will receive an answer.

Sister Bailey

suggested reading: The Book of Mormon.

No comments:

Post a Comment