Monday, January 4, 2010

Joy to the World

We taught Eric about family history and he was like, “Yeah, I’m already talking to my Dad about doing the work for my grandpa”. Sometimes I don’t even know why we’re teaching that kid. He’s so amazing. He has such a strong testimony of the gospel. He has been so ready from the very start. This Sunday he passed the sacrament for the first time. He also got up and bore his testimony of the gospel with out being called up. HE loved it. He said it was the best part of his Sunday.
Sam is gone.
The investigator that we gave to the elders still comes to our ward. The elders just told us this morning that she and her daughter are now on date for the 30th (to be baptized)!!! We’re so excited.
One miracle that happened this past week was that we tracted into a member who has lived here for about a year. She was baptized a number of years ago and graduated from BYU-I. We talked with her about church and how much we’d love to see her there. We closed our visit with a very powerful prayer that Sister Bruner offered and then walked away not thinking anything more about it. On Sunday I got tapped on the shoulder and I turned around to see Bethany (the member) standing there!!! She smiled and said “I made it!” I gave her a huge hug and told her how happy I was to see her! She sat with me in sacrament and then stayed to meet with the bishop. During sacrament she was reading her scriptures and really pondering. The meeting was amazing. It felt so catered to her. I hope to see her again.
This past Sunday I had so many moments where I could really feel the joy of missionary work. Really feel it. When Eric bore his testimony. When he smiled at me as he sat back down. When Bethany was sitting next to me. As I listened to all the testimonies born. As Scott, our other investigator, who insists on sitting up front turned in his seat before the meeting and gave me a huge smile followed by a thumbs up. As we walked through the halls and greeted the members we passed. Yesterday was filled with so much joy. D&C 18:15-16

We love it here.

Sister Bailey

Miracles happen Everyday. I wish I could write it all down. There’s not enough time.

No comments:

Post a Comment