Thursday, December 31, 2009

If ye have felt to sing the song of redeeming love, can ye feel so now?

My family is Awesome.
There is also someone else who is awesome. They have earned the nick name “Journal Phantom” from Sister Bruner and I. It all started when I received a package from Staples shortly before Christmas. I figured it was from my family and saved it until Christmas. It was from someone who knows me well because there was a very nice leather bound journal inside. It was not from my family. Since I won't be able to send them a thank you card for it I have decided to thank them here in my weekly e-mail, since it will be posted for the public. Thank you so much. It meant a lot to me.
       Eric was able to go on the youth temple trip. He loved it and is trying to find a way to go again as soon as he can! I can’t blame him. I miss being able to go to the temple when ever I want. I’d live there if I could! The spirit is so strong within those walls. He also helped prepare the sacrament on Sunday for the first time. I love it. He loves it! He really is one of those one-in-a-million people who has gained a testimony and never looked back. There is nothing stopping him. He is how every baptism should be. He is so stellar. We taught him about priesthood and gave him a True to the Faith book so that he can continue reading and studying on his own when the recent convert lessons are over. He loved it. He absolutely loves the gospel.
Sam is heading to Louisiana to go to school. He has a testimony. He knows Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and he knows that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. He doesn’t want to be baptized right now. It was hard. I think he will make it though. God willing he will make it. He has promised to write and to find LDS services to attend while at school as well as meet the elders there. He is a great kid.
The investigator that we gave to the elders still comes to our ward and from what she says and the elders say she is doing GREAT!!! She is amazing. She’s reading the Book of Mormon cover to cover as well as all her assignments that she’s given by the missionaries and then after reading she goes back and marks all the verses she like and writes what she’s thinking.
We finally got in to teach a family that we’ve been trying to teach since we got here. They love the missionaries. They are feeding us on Wednesday and are already familiar with the spirit. They are newly weds and are excited to learn more about the gospel. We are excited to teach them.
Things are wonderful and Christmas was great. I absolutely LOVED talking to my family on Christmas and was ecstatic that they were all together when I called. We were also able to go visit people in the area that were having a hard time or were spending Christmas alone and share little thoughts with them. We loved it. I couldn’t think of a better way to spend the day.
We love it here.
       Prayer is the best. I know that God answers prayers. In his own way and in His own time, but he answers. It is one of the greatest expressions of love I know of. I love Him. He loves me. He loves each of you. I hope all your Christmases were wonderful. There is much in the world to be rejoicing about.
Luke 2:13-14.

Sister Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment