Monday, April 8, 2013

Nothing like beauty to Humble an ungrateful heart.

Life is hard. And tiresome sometimes. I hate to admit it but I have at times said something to the effect of "Life is too long. Who in their right mind would want to be here for 90+ years?"

Answer: Everyone.

Seriously though. This world and this time in this world is so exciting. We all (especially me) need to take the time to appreciate the beauty that has been placed here for us and realize that we will never be able to soak it all in. NEVER. Disappointing realization? Yes. But at least you'll enjoy your time here more and not take for granted all that you've been given. When I watched this video on Youtube is reminded me about that feeling I got when I saw the stars in Fiji. The world stopped. Maybe I'll write about that later.


1 comment:

  1. It is nice to get a kick in the pants every now and again to better appreciate the world around us :) This post made me think about the talk yesterday about "beautiful mornings" by Bruce D. Porter.

    ReplyDelete