Friday, May 15, 2009

2Nephi 4:15-16

It is wet and rainy here in Illinois. And I love it! Ma, I will take alllllll of your rain! Of course, I'm not watching a group of 15-20 or so preschoolers who have to be cooped up all week. If you get frustrated or stressed out count your many blessings that you're not watching 7-10 autistic preschoolers who have to be cooped up all week! (let me pause and explain myself to anyone who may or maynot be offended by this last comment. I worked at a summer camp for Autistic children. It was THE best job I have ever had and I would not mind at all to do it for the rest of my doggone life! MY Mom came in to help one day. This day was a paticularly rough day for one of the kids I looked after and she witnessed the destruction that can occur when there is a rift in communitation between an adult and a six year old that has access to green paint, beads, and a tub of glitter. It's kind of an inside joke).
At any rate, I got some Clariton D today at walmart and I am stoked. I also got all of my pictures that were lost recovered and transfered to a Picture DVD thing, but didn't have time to print any out. I know you were all dying to know. These e-mails are funny things. I can assure you that my life is now more exciting than it has ever been. Much more exciting than recovered pictures and gigantor worms, but it's so much harder to put into words. The best part of my life has been, is now, and always will be, The Gospel of Jesus Christ in it's fullest on the earth today. For this small portion of my life, that gets to fill every thought that croses my mind, every book I read, every song I hear, and all the words I speak. Nothing else gets in the way. Not school, not the radio, not movies, not a job. HA! The gospel of Jesus christ IS my job. All of the noise of the world has been removed and I am able to think. Think, hear, feel this work. This Glorious gospel! this GOOD NEWS. Which is probably why things are so great.
Eternal truth: God Loves us. He loves you, He loves me, He loves that guy at work or school that smells funny. "...the worth of souls is great in the sight of God" (D&C18:10). This should not come to a shock to anyone. After all, He is our Father in Heaven. Our Father. The literal Father of our spirits! All of this, the creation, the plan, the Atonement. It is because He loves us with all the love and tenderness of a Father. I feel that Love everyday. I have always felt it, but it has become so intense these past few weeks, so crisp, so clear. Because He loves us He gave us families. Parents, siblings, people to love and grow with. Families are ordained of God and are blessed as we become closer to Him. One of the many things in this life that bring us closer to Him is prayer. Through prayer we can communicate with Him and He with us, if we listen carefully, with our whole heart, firmly believing we will recieve an answer. He will manifest the truth of all things unto them that ask. I know He hears our prayers. He waits for them. He rejoices to hear from us.
I keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. I Love this work. And I love you.

Sister Bailey.

Jacob 4 is a good example of what I was trying to say in the begining of this e-mail. Particularly verse 12. The scriptures always say it better than I can. *(Jacob 4 is in The Book Of Mormon)2Nephi 4:15-16

No comments:

Post a Comment