Monday, November 23, 2009

Hailing from Liberty Lake.

***Oops. This is last week's email. I'm a little behind. Signed Anne's mom***

Hellllllooooooo.
This week was so good. The Lord has blessed Sister Bruner and I so much! We’re teaching three new investigators! All of them are in the Mica Peak Ward. It's been really cool. One wants to be baptized and we've only taught him twice! The spirit is so strong. He loves church! He is 17. He's a friend of one of the families in the ward. He is such a spectacular kid. I am so grateful that the Lord would trust me to teach him. He definitely recognizes the peace that comes from reading the Book of Mormon and praying for answers. The other two investigators are friends with a boy in the Ward who is going to the MTC (missionary training center) come December. We went to his house last night to sit down and make a lesson plan with him. He is going to help us teach the lesson!!! It's going to be AMAZING! He's going to do a fantastic job.
We are teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ. “We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the gospel are, first, faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, second, repentance, third baptism by immersion and fourth the laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost” ---- and endure to the end. The gospel is progressive. Through Christ we can be cleansed from sin and we need to have faith in Him in order to repent, in order to even want to repent, and we need to repent in order to be baptized and make those promises with God that will allow us to be with Him again. But! None of us are perfect and we will all make mistakes. Even after baptism, and that’s why it is so important to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost so that we can more easily live up to those promises we make at baptism so that we may endure to the end. The Holy Ghost is that third member of the godhead. He is a personage of spirit so that he may speak directly to our spirits. He is sent to us to lead and guide us, to be a teacher, a helper, and a comforter. He provides so much strength in our lives. I am grateful for his company while I walk this mortal sphere and SO grateful for his company while doing this work. I know that each of us, not only should, but can have this great gift in our lives, but first we must exercise our faith, to experiment on God’s words and find answers for ourselves through study and prayer. God will assist, of this I can testify and promise! (Isaiah 41:13)
I still love this Gospel and I still Love this work! Sister Bruner and I were looking through the clothes at Wal-mart as we walked by and talking about how weird everything was. I started thinking about what I would buy if I weren’t a missionary at the moment. I didn't get very far. It made me so grateful for my tag and a little terrified of going home. I want to be a missionary forever.


Sister Bailey<3
It snowed this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment