Thursday, September 2, 2010

Burning

August 17, 2010

Nauvoo is insanely quiet. I say insanely because insanity is a good description of what it does to Sister missionaries. Like last year the call center is where I prefer to spend most of my time. There I can be productive and bear my testimony over and over and over again. I love it in the call center. The time I do spend on the floor is time well spent. The annual exodus of Navuoo is in full swing. Seniors are dropping like flies, or rather taking off like them. A happier thought I guess as they are going 30,000 feet up instead of six feet under. The young preforming missionaries are gone, as are the band. They left this morning. Sister Barry, Sister Quick, Sister Picard and Sister Westwood are all leaving on Friday. It's weird because I went into the MTC with all of them. I will miss them so much.

Transfers were on Sunday. Sister Bitter is now in Carthage and so is Sister Johnson. They are companions now actually. Sister Parker and Sister Morgan are the new AP's and are doing a fantastic job. Sister Hamano is now my companion and we are in Nauvoo. This really funny because Sister Parker asked me what I thought was going to happen at transfers and I said, "I'm not sure but Sister Hamano and I are going to be companions and we're staying in Nauvoo". She laughed and we moved on, but that is what happened. I love Sister Hamano. She is of Japanese descent and lives in Hawaii. Well actually right now she lives in Nauvoo but she is from Hawaii. She is a signing Sister. We run together and are a more quiet companionship than most, but we get along swimmingly. She was Sister Quick's companion last and so we spent all our preparation days last transfer together. I'm excited to get to know her better.

Today has been a good one. I did the only thing I cared to do which was to go on an oxen ride. It was so fun! I loved it. Hank and Homer (the oxen's names) took us on a little wagon ride through the trees. After that it didn't really matter to me what we did. We went to the temple and did our laundry and ate food and washed the car and now we're e-mailing. Yes. It's been a good day.

Sorry this week is so short. It felt that way. I have a feeling the weeks will only get shorter from here on out. A strange and depressing thought, one not thought about on a regular basis. Not here in Nauvoo anyway.

Burning myself out

Sister Bailey

D&C 123:13

No comments:

Post a Comment