Monday, March 8, 2010

Knowledge and Faith

We talked to a woman that comes to church every Sunday with one of the families in our ward and she is fantastic. She loves us and I talked to her about teaching her and she said yes! We want to do it in the member’s home. We need to get the Elders in the pines ward involved. We’re struggling with how to send her over to the pines ward. If there’s one thing our ward it good at it’s making people feel right at home at church. She’s already very well integrated into our ward.

Sister Salisbury and I got switched out of our district. We are now in the Greenacres District. That puts us in the same district as the Elders we share the car with. There is us, Elder Snyder and Elder Freckelton, and Elder Peck and Elder Christiansen It’s been really good. It’s kind of like having a fresh start.

I’m glad I don’t know when I’m leaving because I can honestly tell people I don’t know.

I do want to know like three weeks into the transfers though. Just so I can start packing and things. It’s weird to be leaving. I feel like I just got here. I am torn down the middle. Part of me is excited and even anxious to get back to Nauvoo, the other is dreading it. I never want to leave here. The good thing is that I know I have a Father in Heaven who loves me and is mindful of me. He knew this would be hard for me when he extended this call. Which means He knows that I can handle this. . He will support me and give me all the help that I need and in the mean time I can just focus on the work I have in front of me.

This past week I have been reading about the Brother of Jared. (Ether 1-4) In chapter three of Ether the brother of Jared sees the finger of God. Moroni then explains on a side note that Jared could not be kept from in the veil because of the knowledge he had gained. The way he gained that knowledge was by faith. By faith we gain knowledge and that knowledge we gain brings us closer to God and into a greater understanding of the things of God. It gave me a lot to think about. It sparked my interest because to start with the brother of Jared knew very little. He was even frightened when he saw the finger of God. Because he “knew not” that God had a body of flesh and bone. It was by exercising his faith in something completely unrelated (The lighting of the ships he had built) that he was able to gain that knowledge and then because of the knowledge he was shown more.

I’ve also learned something else this past transfer that was, I think, very important for me to learn. I get lonely. I know that probably sounds pretty weird but it’s something I really didn’t know about myself. I get lonely. And sad. I need social interaction. I need it. It’s also given me time to reflect on why I didn’t know this about myself. Which has ultimately lead me to be very appreciative to all the people who have always been there for me, even when I get prickly and want to be alone. Because of you, I don’t think I’ve ever been lonely.

Thank you for all your love and support. I love you letters. They mean so much. 


Sister Bailey.

 

If missionary work was easy it wouldn’t be hard.

- Show quoted text -

No comments:

Post a Comment