Thursday, July 29, 2010

Changed

July 20, 2010


     Bishop McMullin is in town and has been speaking with the missionaries periodically. It’s been wonderful to have him here. Today was the last time he’ll speak to us while he stays here. I forget what circumstances led him to say this, but he said, “There the two met, those who had no faith and those who were endowed with Faith”. It stuck out to me. It made me reflect on the different people in my life who I have learned the most from. They have generally been people who have walked very different paths than I have, including, but not limited to, my parents and siblings. Just because we spend most of our time under the same roof doesn’t mean we haven’t walked down different paths in life. The lessons I’ve learned from them are absolutely priceless. I hope they’ve learn from me also. It also has made me think about bridge building. Bishop McMullin had mentioned something about bridge building in his devotional today and again, I forget why, but it sparked a chain of thoughts about the Savior for me and what role he has played in each of those special relationships I’ve had in my life. He is the only one who understands us each perfectly. The only one who could ever help us understand each other and learn the lessons we have to teach each other. He commands that we love one another, and he helps our hearts touch. He commands that we lift one another and he holds us steady as we do. Every commandment He gives is made possible through the aid we receive from Him: “For I the Lord God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee” –Isaiah 41:13.

     Nauvoo is an incredible place. For all those who I’ve seen this summer, I’m so glad you came. To all those I haven’t I hope you come here one day. It will be so worth your time and energy and effort to make it here. The world falls away and nothing is more important than how you feel and what you can do to keep that feeling with you when you leave. God’s love is here. It is felt around every turn and I am so humbled to be so immersed in it. It has healing powers and it has changing powers. It will change you if you let it. It has changed me. He has changed me.


Sister Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment